Sunday, May 27, 2007

Words

Shortly we will be leaving for yet another graduation event. This May has had many.

We've also had a lot of rain. Along with the rain, we've had some snakes. Yes, snakes. One decided to crawl into the air conditioner outside and shed it's skin and then get wrapped around the fan blade when it was trying to exit. I think it was a rat snake. When inspecting to see why the unit was acting like a unbalanced washing machine, I discovered it. Then a nice brown ribbon snake crawled along the fence line. They are working in the right of way behind us and the critters have moved into the backyards. The snakes should keep the rats and mice out, however. The large, American roaches have come to visit, also. I went off to the "professional" pest supply store and got some stuff to discourage them from staying on. It seems to be working and I am thankful- really thankful. I don't run screaming from them anymore. Jessica woke me up one night around midnight saying one had been in her room and had followed her down the hall. It had, too. I squashed it with Tim's shoe.

We had a great lunch at "The Hill" in Bellville yesterday with Mom and John. Absolutely fantastic hamburgers and fries and the best, friendly service. They (Rice's) gave us lots of plums from the one surviving plum tree at the Farm. I'm going to freeze some.

We're getting a new air conditioner on Tuesday (hopefully). The old one is dying. The evaporator is leaking refrigerant and the compressor is over-heating. It should have been replaced when the furnace was back in November but the landlord didn't want to spend the money- now the new owners have to. It's about 25 years old, so it's time.

I'll try to keep my loyal readers better informed. All two of them have complained about being tired of seeing the potatoes.

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Thank you for blogging!

Ewwwww about the rodents, roaches & reptiles!

Yum about the burgers. Those sound good right about now.