
Here's the inductee. Ben, Nick and I attended the ceremony last night. Tim couldn't come because he tried to light the furnace pilot light, got shocked and had to wait for the repairman, who would not light it because the heat exchanger has holes in it. So Jess is officially a member of Phi Theta Kappa, Beta Lambda Mu chapter at Cy-Fair College.
I went with my mom and T.A. (my sister) to New Braunfels and Gruene Friday until Sunday and had a wonderful time looking at crafts, antiques etc. New Braunfels had "Weihnachtsmarkt" which is German for something and I've forgotten! But it has to do with Christmas and the civic center was decorated beautifully and was full of fun things to see and buy.
On Saturday, we went to "Market Days" in Gruene. I could spend allot of money there if I had any. So many of the booths had the kind of stuff I like. I did buy some things but they're Christmas gifts so can't tell about them. We had lunch at the Grist Mill Inn. Very cool place with fabulous view of river. The whole town is so neat. A perfect weekend get-away.
Cousin James asked for me to get additional estimates for the furnace repair which I did this morning and submitted them. I'm really tired of being the property manager here. I'm biting my tongue allot. But how good of God that the pilot wasn't lit, Tim couldn't get it to light, we had to have a professional out and a dangerous situation will be fixed.
It was a cool 60 degrees in the house this morning when I rolled out of bed. It's a toasty 66 now since the sun is hitting the front of the house and I decided to make sausage balls for Thanksgiving breakfast and had the oven on. The bedrooms are cooler as they aren't getting the sun or the oven heat.
Ok, here's a portion of the Psalm I read this morning- But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning, for You have been my stronghold and a refuge in the day of my distress. O my strength, I will sing praises to You; for God is my stronghold, the God who shows me lovingkindness. Psalm 59:16,17

4 comments:
Go JESS! you are a superstar!
mmm, sausage balls. i'm comin' over!
and I've heard really great things about Grist Mill. will put it on my list of places to eat.
we have also had interesting experiences with pilot lights. must swap stories latah.
Did dad mess with my eyes?
I am trying to set up my own blog. Help!
TA
"Weihnachtsmarkt" = Christmas Market, and yes, I "messed with" her eyes.
Post a Comment