Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Babysitting and other stuff


Here's my "nephew" who we had the joy of watching on Thanksgiving. Pancho intimidated our dog, Daisy, and that was probably one of the best thing about having him. She's such a prima-donna and needs to learn how to get along with other dogs. Pancho's an English Bulldog and sounds like a pig with his snorting and grunting. He's very sweet-tempered which makes up for his needing to be wiped after taking care of business.

On Saturday we went over to LaGrange and the weather was stellar and we sat around doing nothing and it was lovely. Oh, we did eat and I walked a short distance in the pasture with the dogs (Daisy and Ginger) and then pulled grass burrs from their paws.

We got a new furnace installed yesterday. It has an electronic ignition so no more pilot light. Of course in typical Houston fashion we have the air conditioning on today but tomorrow we'll need the heat when a cold front passes through. Since we moved in at end of August I've seen more contractors than in my whole life.

I'm not feeling too pithy at the moment so that's all.

2 comments:

Mariah said...

great picture of my fur brother. also, does running the heater stuff anyone else up? i am up at 3am b/c it makes me feel funny.

mrspractical said...

I sent you an email about furnace dangers to have checked...