After Tim designed and built our "water-box" from the broken picnic table (see previous post) I thought it was too funny that this was in the comics this morning and with the correct name, too!. Nick said the cartoonist probably saw our device and stole the idea for his strip.Our microwave died. It was only two years old and a Panasonic which have usually been very reliable. The trouble to take it to a repair place for a diagnosis when microwaves are relatively inexpensive, had us decide to just buy a new one.
So we did some research (with help of my dad) of brands and reliability and then went to SAM's, Best Buy and Wal-Mart last night. We didn't buy one. They all seem so cheaply made and we didn't like the design of the plastic thing that holds the turntable.
So we went to Sears this morning and looked at Kenmore brands and ended up buying one as it was just as good as the others we had seen. Now we have to learn it's keypad quirks.
I used my 20 1/2 year old waffle iron for the last time, also. It was not working well this past week. I like to make a huge batch and then freeze them and they were sticking even though I oiled the surfaces. So I quit about half-way through the batter and ended up making pancakes with the rest. It served me well and it was retired after cooling off to file 13. My basting brush was also ruined in the process.
In other news, I broke my pastry blender last Friday. It's been a hard two weeks for appliances and kitchen utensils at the Wallace home. I had to make a pie crust using two knives -horrors!
In everything give thanks (1 Thessalonians 5:17) and so I will choose to.

1 comment:
too strange about the comic. and sorry about your appliances! we had to get a new coffee pot last week if it makes you feel any better. :)
Post a Comment