

Daisy's impressed with my new IKEA kitchen island. Do you know the instructions to put it together are all in pictures? Absolutely no words. How smart, since IKEA sells in many different countries and would have to print up numerous instructions otherwise. Now I have to decide what kind of wood treatment to use. Tim thought he would "run" into IKEA and buy this. He was totally taken aback by the maze that IKEA is and had to ask for help a couple of times to actually purchase this. That's true love. I'm surprised he didn't walk out. Thank you, sweetie.
We had early Christmas with the Rices on Saturday and even got in a "game" of tennis before the rain started. Mom and John got a flat panel television and offered their old 27" set to us. We hooked it up yesterday. It's much larger than our 20" was. I love taking their old stuff! I recently got their old Maytag washer which still is working fantastically.
We got a great book from our pastor and his wife: The Valley of Vision- A collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions. Wonderful, scriptural, heartfelt, deep, meaty, emotional, worshipful.
I wanted to get a family picture when we were in LaGrange but we didn't so Tim says we can set the tripod up and get one. Be amazed if a picture is posted.
After sausage balls and sweet rolls, Tim and I went back to bed for a nap. Yes, the best Christmas present for all over 40.
Read Luke 2 for the first Christmas story. May all find their treasure in HIM.

3 comments:
mmm, sausage balls. can i come live with ya'll? no, seriously. we're having pb&j's today.
love your new island! so cute. am now counting my blessings that we didn't have to put the kids' bunkbed together ourselves.
and you guys don't even watch tv!! why do you want a bigger one?
To watch movies, my dear. Even Master Jack noticed we had allot of movies. We watched the second Pirates of the Caribbean this afternoon. Not as good as the first but not as bad as I thought it might be, either.
IKEA stuff is pretty easy to assemble.
Now that's an island with a story! Just look at Tim & Ben's faces...so full of Christmas joy :) Your Christmas morning sounds wonderful to me.
Post a Comment