Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Gloomy Weather

Houston's actually having some winter-like weather which is causing the weather reporters on the local news to salivate with glee. It's just depressing me and I long for some sunshine.

There is actually some ice on the roads this morning so Tim and Ben are postponing going to work until later this morning. I made them take gloves, hats and scarves yesterday to have in the van in the event they broke down or had a flat tire etc. I'm such a worrier.

Jess began classes yesterday for the new semester. I threw a scarf at her, also.

My sister and brother-in-law are having furnace problems and Julian came over to borrow our space heater last night. I'm thankful we got our new furnace at end of November.

Ok, I'm trying to think of a "warm" verse to encourage myself. How about Ecclesiastes 4:11:
Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone?

Thank you, Father, for warm family and dog and please be with those who don't have those comforts and be their warmth.

No comments: