Saturday, February 24, 2007

Another "Funny"


Once again a comic "speaks" to me. "Watch it, Leslie". I'm given to small-mindedness myself. I tend to be judgemental and not believe the best of people or circumstances. I jump to conclusions. This comic reminded me to "not think more highly of myself than I ought to think but think so as to have sound judgement." (Romans 12:3)
The landlord called yesterday. He sold the house. He was in town with the new owner and wanted to come over so they could see it and we could sign papers. So I pull out our lease to see what it says and there is nothing about when the home is sold in the middle of a lease. The landlord said the new owners wanted to keep everything just like in the lease we signed with him. So I call the real estate agent we used to ask her advice and she said there is no official form for doing that. So we invented our own.
I was not a happy camper yesterday as once again it befell me to research and find out how to "protect" our interest. But, I had to talk to myself and say having a landlord who doesn't know how to manage property is not the worst thing in the world.
The new owners and old landlord came over this morning and they are all very nice and personable. New owners might fix things, too, that old landlord didn't. God was so gracious to let me actually feel kind and friendly and not put-out by the short notice and their lack of consideration. He's so patient with me.

2 comments:

Mariah said...

i was holding my breath reading this, horrified that you would have to move again! but am now breathing regularly. whew!

Wendo said...

What? No more cousin James? That could be a good thing!!!