Thursday, February 22, 2007

The weather and other ramblings

Just a little comment on Houston's variable weather. Yesterday afternoon when hubby and I were taking our afternoon walk, I knew it was warm. 80 degrees it was. We saw the lady who walks her dogs at that time in shorts.

Last week I was sorry I had gotten rid of my pullover sweaters. This week I'm thinking I need to get more summer clothes.

Jessica was kind enough to take some pictures with her camera and upload them so I could post some books to sell on ebay. You can have a set of McGuffey readers or learn German for an excellent price. Anybody want a Cactus yearbook from 1982? Excellent condition.

I'm reading too many books to list but finally got some G.A. Henty books and so far think they are great. I'm reading one with Nick for history about the war of northern agression. If you don't know what that is you don't know the Wallaces.

I'm being challenged by some wonderful material and books to counsel Biblically and that means knowing scripture. Pray for this old mind to love memorizing.

1 comment:

J-Wall said...

I wasn't sure what the "war of northern agression" was until I remembered the title of the book. :P (Hint to other readers: it's called With Lee in Virginia)

RYC: Strawberry tea didn't have anything to do with it. But it's what I was drinking.