So, are you sick of my Gruene post yet? On Saturday morning, after a more than decent hot breakfast at the hotel, we pile into mom's car to drive over to Gruene. Being the conscientious people that we are, we see a detour sign for Gruene road and so follow it. We have since decided that all the detour signs were some kind of a prank. We end up at a barricade across the road. So off we go up on the bluff above the river. We can see the river off to our right. We arrive at a 'T" intersection eventually at River Road. T.A., being more directionally oriented than my aunt and I says we should turn left. Nan and I think we should turn right. So mom heads off on the river road to the right. Twelve miles later, after a gorgeous, winding, riverfront drive, we are in Canyon Lake. So we pull into a parking lot where some folks are and I hop out to ask how to get to Gruene without going back on the River road. They give us super directions and we actually arrive in Gruene only thirty minutes later than our projected arrival time- better than a lot of airlines I know. Here's a pic from the car ride.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like a fun getaway, even if you got lost! Mom
hilarious! would have very much happened to me, too.
Post a Comment