Monday, March 03, 2008

Just Thinking...

I'd post some more random stuff.

1. The front door deadbolt fell apart when Tim went to lock it last night about 9pm. Some little bits fell out. So off to Wal-Mart (thank you, Lord, for 24hr stores!) to purchase a deadbolt. The new lock fit the existing cut-out and matched up with the strike plate and everything without a bunch of fiddling- how awesome is that?

2. Our landlords were here last week and did some minor repairs around the place. They pulled the pvc pipe out of the living room ceiling where the previous tenants had stereo speakers mounted, and patched the holes. Looks much better.

3. They also patched holes in the soffits so hopefully that will deter rats and other undesirables from making our attic their home.

4. I found a mother-of-the bride dress while shopping with the "resale/thrift shop queen" (my mom) last Friday at the Guild shop. It's a lavender skirt and beaded top by Oleg Cassini. Needs some slight alteration but was only $27!

5. Jess leaves for her Spring break trip to see her Aunt in Hawaii this Friday. Pray for safe travels for her.

6. Also, for all the wedding planning.

7. Ben turns 18 on Tuesday. I saw a picture in a magazine recently that reminded me of him as a little boy. Where do the years go?

8. Attended weekend 2 of NANC this past weekend. Always challenging, inspiring, convicting, helpful and refreshing. http://www.nanc.org/

9. Tim and I decided to read a book together each evening. We chose Wayne Mack's Strengthening Your Marriage to start. We have decided we really needed to SCHEDULE time for us, so 9pm is our time.

10. I'm changing vets to one closer to our home and Daisy has her check-up this Thursday. It's time for her 3-year rabies etc. shot. This vet is about $75 dollars cheaper than our old one. I had done research about prices before choosing our old one in the Copperfield area, and they were one of the cheapest but now I'm excited to be saving even more money on her annual check-up! They don't give one of the shots the other vet did because they don't believe it's necessary in Houston. I like that they don't over-due the shots. Here's their web site: http://www.jvah.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.No. 1 is really awesome! John's been working on plumbing this week and it never goes right!

Been praying her trip goes well ever since she took me up on it!

Mariah said...

this reminds me i need to make mia's 4 year-old check-up appt. i'll try not to make it at the vet's, though.