Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tuesday Tales

1) Still waiting to get the White Knight back. After having the Honda out of commission for two weeks, we finally got it back from dealer on Friday, March 28, with new transmission, new left front wheel bearing and strut and then on Saturday, March 29, the White Knight's transmission died. The place that rebuilt the transmission last year is working with us to rebuild it again.

2) Jason's mom came over this past Sunday afternoon and she and I addressed wedding invitations while Jessica folded stuff (response cards etc).

3) Bridal shower brunch is Saturday, I see on Bed,Bath & Beyond's registry that two toaster ovens and two everyday dishes have been purchased. I had to call Target about four days after I bought some stuff to say it wasn't showing up as purchased even though I handed the print-out to the checker and she scanned the bar code. She manually entered things and now it registers.

4) I'm weepy thinking about the wedding. Anyone know of any anti-weepy medicine :) ?

5) Pulled out twelve years of portfolios for Ben and assembled two display boards for his graduation banquet. More weeping.

6) Headache today-probably from all the weeping.

7) Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss is recommended reading.

8) Also, The Beautiful Fight by Gary Thomas.

9) Ordered suit from Amazon for Ben; bought one from VegSource (swap board)for Nick; went to dry cleaner/alterations with hubby to have his tux fitted; bought myself a dress from GoodWill Select store for bridal shower.

10) Am thinking of using nursing pads as dress shields as anticipate 'flop sweat.' I know, I'm too "practical."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the white knight. I only remember to check the blogs now and then. I goofed at Walmart today, bought a few little items on their registry and forgot to tell the checkout girl. If I get back there tomorrow I'll see if I can set it straight...if not, I'm sure they can exchange them if they get several. (I did a little better at Bed Bath & Beyond up in De Soto, but I was rushed and didn't get everything I wanted to. Mom

Anonymous said...

Your blog has made me smile! Thank you for being so honest. You will get through the wedding and will be amazed at how little you cry. It will be a joyous affair. Hope the shower today was wonderful! Suzanne

Mariah said...

Awwww about the weeping! And the White Knight deserves a big spanking! Hmf. Some knight it's turning out to be.