Monday, July 07, 2008

Bye, Bye!


We've decided to part ways with our 2003 Odyssey but only if it will stay together long enough to get it to CarMax or another dealer.
The air conditioning was replaced less than a month ago and then last week the back vent window motor died ($206.00) and TWO DAYS later, the hood latch broke (AGAIN). We fiddled and fiddled but could not get the hood open.
The 2nd hood latch was put in in 2006 at the dealer but no longer under warranty, so I went to our Honda mechanic this morning at Burden. The belt tensioner is also bad now and so we squeal, especially before the engine is warmed up. He quoted me $289 to repair both. I just about cried. I told him we had decided to sell the van and hated having to keep repairing it. I told him to fix the latch but not the tensioner. He went out and when he came back told me he had put a shimmy somewhere so the hood latch would work, tightened something and sprayed stuff on belt tensioner and no charge. I almost cried, again.
He said, go take your headache and get rid of it. We're researching options and are going to check with my son-in-law's dad who works for a dealer.
In everything give thanks. I'm trying, but somedays....

2 comments:

Wendo said...

What a frustrating week you are having! Hope you find something much much more reliable. And in the meantime, thank goodness for the White Knight and TA and Julian!

Anonymous said...

Hang on to that mechanic if you can...sounds too good to be true!

Hope you find the perfect car (or truck)!

Mom