Tuesday, October 14, 2008

True Woman (in words)

The slide show below shows some pictures from the Revive Our Hearts "True Woman" conference I attended in Chicago last Th.- Sat. with four other ladies from my church.

It was physically tiring but spiritually refreshing and I left with renewed vision. The main speakers were all fabulous and the break-out workshops practical, informative, equipping as well as I got the neatest goody bag from the "Women's Ministry Director" workshop.

The gals I went with are all so much fun! Mandie was our comic relief and kept us in stitches with her quick wit. Lisa can imitate a certain foreign accent very well and I learned more about Sherry's story (she was hit by a car as a young girl for one) which was fascinating.

Karen was our experienced traveler and Chicago tour guide. She is the one who way back in February I believe, suggested that we should get a group to attend this conference. She's so wise. She was our intrepid driver while I played navigator.

After arriving on Thursday around noon, we ate a late lunch/early dinner at Maggiano's, took photos at the Lego store and scoped out a Starbucks for morning. Karen knew where the local grocery store was so we stopped and got water, soda and snacks. We checked in at our hotel and headed over to the conference. Every seat had a cool tote bag with more cool stuff inside. The Getty's were the worship leaders and got things started about 6:30.

I would bore you and not do justice to the speakers to try and flesh out the messages but you can go to the True Woman web site (http://www.truewoman.com/) and check things out yourself.

On Friday morning we had a lovely breakfast at our hotel and then went to Starbucks so Sherry could get their hot chocolate and Lisa some "real" coffee. The day was packed at the conference, but totally invigorating. They fed us a boxed lunch and after workshops in the afternoon we left at four. We ate at the Weber Grill for dinner where I had the best porch chops ever before heading back to the convention center for more great teaching and music.

On Saturday, we hit Starbucks again on way to conference. We expereinced more great music, prayer and teaching and then the conference ended with us reading and signing the True Woman Manifesto (see web site). The conference ended a little after noon and so we had time to drive to downtown Chicago!

We had real Chicago deep dish pizza and then did a quick driving tour. Time was too short and we headed to the airport to drop off our rental. By the way, there are no gas stations anywhere near O'Hare, so if you get a rental there, refill the car way before you get near the airport.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really great time! You should do that a couple of times a year and allow an extra day for sightseeing.

Are you back to normal yet? Enjoyed seeing you all over the weekend. Thanks for coming.

Granny

J-Wall said...

Sounds like a great trip! Loved the pictures. Did you dig out your winter clothes to take along? ;)

Mariah said...

How FUN!!

Mudrostovich said...

Mmmm, porch chops! No doubt made with real porch - the other white ... pine(?)