Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Some Observations

1. One difference between men and women is that when your son tells you there is a snake just off the patio, the women goes in the garage and gets the hoe and the man asks "Where's a pillow case?"

2. Here's a link to a blog. Don't read it unless you want to be challenged in your faith walk:

http://aholyexperience.com/

3. Being reminded once again of my sin. God doesn't rank sin. I'm so thankful for His Grace.

4. Another link that Sherry sent me:
http://www.maximumreferrals.com/videos/bridge/bridge.html

This is a 5 min synopsis from the short film "Most" which you can look up on IMDB

5. My husband has decided to clean out the garage and I'm in wonder. Ben and I took five boxes of books to Half-Price Books on Monday. There are two more boxes plus three boxes of records (you know those 33rpm vinyl disks that play music) waiting as of this morning. In his office are stacks of models to sell on ebay and military books to post on half.com or ebay.

6. I've been enjoying freshly roasted coffee bean coffee. I sacrificed my air popper popcorn popper which is now Tim's bean roaster for the cause.

7. I adjusted to my bifocals and realize how much better I've been seeing these past months.

8. It's time to take a new profile picture.

9. I'm trying to decide if I should use the almonds in the freezer to make Lebkuchens for Christmas.

10. Hebrews 13:20-21

Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Tim keeps up the good work! Will you know what to do with a cleaned out garage?

And who took care of the snake? Do you have another pet?

Mom

J-Wall said...

1. Haha! What kind of snake?

5. Who is this man and what happened to my father?

9. Yes, you should.

mrspractical said...

1. Nick's the only one who saw it as it was moving quickly, we think a ribbon or racer.

5. Don't question it.

9. I found MORE almonds, so I think I will.

J-Wall said...

In response to your comment: the first time Adrian went to the vet, they said she had skin allergies. The second time she went it was the fleas, plus the skin allergies, plus the irritation caused by constant scratching.

J-Wall said...

Oh and PS - if you ever get the chance to buy nuts in bulk again, will you let me know?