Monday, October 02, 2006

Who am I kidding?


You didn't really think I could get the whole family to pose for a picture, did you? So here's one with Daisy and I taking a nap. It's posed. She was at the foot of the bed and I invited her to come next to me and this is what she'll do if invited- take over the pillows.

If and that's a big if, I can get the family together, I will post a picture.

Last week was hard. Too many 'little things" needed my attention to fix. Problems with our old rental management company, letter from our Allstate agent congratulating us on our new teen driver- Francisco Rodriguez, who would be added to our policy on Oct. 7, dealings with the bank etcetera. Problems that were other peoples fault and yet I had to fix them. I confess my attitude was not pleasant. It finally got to me and I had a good cry and ate a handful of chocolate chips as that was the only chocolate in the house.

We had to communicate in writing to the management company so we sent a certified letter (we also mailed our October rent certified as the last correspondence didn't make it to our landlord). The DMV notifies the insurance company of whoever they have on record for an address and since it's us now we got the notice. Francisco is the old tenants son, by the way. I called our agent and asked for confirmation that he would not be added to our policy which I didn't receive until today.

So, you post a pithy quote on your blog (see previous post below) and then WHAM! you get to experience it. I long for a "normal" day. I kept preaching to myself through my crying jag "momentary light afflictions, momentary light afflictions- see 2 Corinthians 4:17 & 18).

Ok. One thing at a time. I did some touch-up painting today and hung some pictures and that helped the house to look more home-like.

Until the next adventure...

3 comments:

Mariah said...

you are cracking me up with the posed pictures, francisco and the downing of the chocolate chips. wish i had some of those. hope this week is better!

J-Wall said...

Ha ha. I can tell you're awake. ;)

Wendo said...

When I look at the picture, I just see two sleeping beauties. I am such a Pollyanna!!! :)