I think this home is held together with the stuff. I know I've sure been using allot of it. I'm still cleaning or trying to clean and patching holes. I've decided I'm going to call it quits on the "deep cleaning" and just try and maintain. I wiped down the entry hall walls yesterday and pulled nails and filled holes and that was the last area I hadn't done. My bucket of water was really dirty- it's kinda interesting how much dirt clings to walls (in this case- wallpaper).
We put up new vertical blinds in the master bedroom that actually open and close and bought a replacement patio screen door for the breakfast area and now I can have the breeze blow in on these cool mornings as well as ventilate from all the stupid chemicals I've been using. I've been trying to remove latex paint from the living room rug and the cure is worse than the paint splatters.
Ok, I've been tagged for a blogger thingy where you get four words and have to write what pops in your head about them so here is my contribution:
Friend: Jesus (as in "what a friend we have in Jesus...")
Mountain: Mitchell- the highest point east of the Mississippi and a place we stopped on our honeymoon on the Blue Ridge Parkway
Freckles- Pippi Longstockings because I was just reading a recipe that referred to her
Movie- LOTR because Nick has been rewatching the extended versions lately.
I am going to try to get a picture of the whole family in the new place and post it and it will probably do for our Christmas photo, also, knowing us.
In closing, I will share a quote from Elizabeth Elliot: "Difficulty opens our eyes to pleasure we had taken for granted."
May I say as the Apostle Paul did, " I know how to get along with humble means and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need" - Philippians 4:12
Look up verse 13 for the "secret".
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
thanks for playing my nerdy blog game!
Post a Comment