My niece wants some, so here they are. I cleaned the rat droppings out of the attic today. I wore a mask, rubber gloves, jeans etc.. and took my pressure sprayer with the proper bleach mixture to wet everything down and then shop vac'd them up. You're not suppose to vacuum or sweep to avoid stirring up dust but there were too many to wipe up.
Cousin James said they had the place professionally treated when his niece (the previous tenant) was living here. He doesn't think they'll come back. According to the neighbor, they really trashed the place and let the yard go badly, also, so it's not too surprising they had rats and mice. I also hauled down the rest of the stuff they left and some of it's at the curb waiting for bulk trash tomorrow. I don't want to overwhelm the trash guys so will put the rest out on Monday.
The shop vac was sanitized afterwards (as was I) and now the attic is ready for the few non-rat attractive items I want to put up there. It was great to get that over with.
Anybody need a bumper for a Dodge truck? It was up there but now is in the side yard. I plan to call a scrap yard tomorrow to see if they buy bumpers.
I'm leaving the blog up until everyone I mentioned to that they could see pictures of the house has had a chance to look. I'll throw in some more sordid details every now and then and maybe a picture of the family.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
thanks for the shout out! and for keeping the blog (and my hopes) up a little longer. :)
also, i have finally started that book you guys gave me YEARS AGO-desiring God. and it is awesome. just what i needed right now. so thanks.
Post a Comment