Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What's that noise?

I have noticed that upon awakening, there is an unusual noise that travels around the house. It starts in the bedroom, then goes to the bathroom (pun intended) and then on to the kitchen. It is the sound of hubby and my knees creaking. Yes, we snap, crackle and pop as we walk around.

I unpacked the school stuff on Monday but didn't get started yesterday as I hadn't done lesson plans and it was such a beautiful day to work outside on needed projects and then in the attic in which Nick's comment of "I feel cool air" was not well received. Yes, duct work was leaking and we had been "air conditioning" the attic for a week. We hauled down junk left from the previous tenants and trashed most of it in contractor bags. But then discovered rat droppings and so left the attic. We probably stirred up dust so pray we don't get the whatever you can get from rodent droppings thing. We hit the shower and I'm washing our clothing and shoes with bleach.

Tim duct taped the most obvious leaks when he got home from work.

I so don't want to clean that up. I printed out from online how to "safely" clean up rodent junk. Time to buy more bleach.

Cousin James is coming over tonight to look at a.c. and I'll give him my list of things that need attention. Pray we can get a professional to come and do the job right.

I managed to unzip my school file and print out lesson plans. I thought I'd lost the file but then searched and found it zipped. I'm so ignorant- I didn't know how to unzip it. But now I do and so I shall work on lesson plans. Today is 4H for the boys and so they'll have a easy day.

It's already 7:30 and I need to get busy!

2 comments:

Mariah said...

hey-we're going up to granny's on the 25th, so if you guys want a break from unpacking/fixing things, you should come, too! jack has mentioned how he wants nick to pull him around in that wagon again. :) it would probably be the highlight of nick's life, yes? nehoo, it would be fun to see y'all.

Darth Levot said...

You know he is pretty light compared to others I have pulled. (Stephen, uncle Frank and Ben in mind). I dont mind doing it. I infact enjoy getting physycal excersize. But I dont think we will be comine because I think the date has already past. But maybe another time!