We finally received the signed lease about 4:30 yesterday. We also found out the owner lives in California and our local contact is "Cousin James". The lack of communication from the landlord's realtor has been a huge frustration. Our realtor has been calling and leaving messages since Sunday.
I started trying to set-up utilities yesterday but was thrwarted by not knowing the M.U.D. (municipal utility district). I decided to not expect the owner's realtor to know or find out in a timely manner and so went to Harris County Appraisal District web site and looked up the home and found the district, then did a web search to find out who manages that district and then called them at 4:58 and they were closed for the day.
Started the process of signing up for electricity online. I had done a switch of providers in late July before we knew we had to move and then cancelled it a week later when we knew we were going to have to move. I was told I could set-up service at the new address as soon as I knew it via their web site. But, of course, I couldn't because they still have me in the system as a "switch". I have to call them this morning.
All these things will eventually fall into place. Past experience says they will. We will get moved. I will call "Cousin James" (that's all the information I was given- I kid you not) and ask about keeping utilities in owners name until I can get ours set-up.
I will call U-Haul about reserving a truck. I will ask friends for help. I will "just do the next thing". I will cry out for mercy and grace.
Psalm 55:16,17 & 27 As for me, I shall call upon God, and the Lord will save me. Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur, and He will hear my voice. Cast your burdens upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
New address: 10414 Saddlehorn Trail
Houston, TX 77064
I don't know if our phone # will change, yet.
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congrats on the house! and Cousin James sounds real nice.
Post a Comment