Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pity Party

I must admit to having one. While other people have had vacations this summer or are preparing for "back to school", I'm scrambling to pack and find a place to live.

As someone said when they are tempted to ask "Why me, Lord?" they say to themselves "Why not me?" Do I deserve not to have these inconveniences? On what merit? Living in a falling world, I'm just as culpable "but God, being rich in mercy, because of his great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved) -Ephesians 2:4 & 5"

Our lease application was accepted. We received the lease agreement last night and went through it making changes. It says right in it that's it's negotiable and we changed the terms of access to the property and specified no keybox etc... Basically, we are not giving carte blanche to the owner or any of his agents to enter the property. We will allow access only if we're notified and we are present. This may not sit well with the owner and then we'll have to find someplace else. I'm going to the bank this morning to get a cashiers check for the security deposit and I am meeting our realtor later to give her that and the lease. She'll then turn them over to the owner's agent who will give it to the owner to review and either sign, negotiate some more or reject the agreement.

Please pray for Tim, also. He's having a lot of jaw pain and is schedule to have a crown put on a broken molar on the 23rd. He's been to the dentist twice in past two weeks and it's not root canal stuff but because his teeth aren't sitting properly with the broken tooth.

I'm making tough packing decisions. I decided I could live without the blender, waffle iron and coffee grinder and packed them yesterday. Today the cast iron skillet and my pampered chef baking stone.

Oh, if all my other decisions were so simple!

No comments: