Thursday, August 10, 2006

Whirling brain cells

As I woke up this morning my brain was in over-drive. Already computing tasks to do and throwing in things to worry about just to make my first moments of wakefulness refreshing.

Pretty amazing how our brains can throw so much at us at once. Perhaps men don't have this problem as much. I wanted everything to retreat back to it's compartment and let me pull open the files when I wanted to. Plus, my sinuses were clogged and the dog had snuck up to rest her head on my pillow.

So, up and at 'em and into the kitchen to boil some water so I can steam my head. Did the old fashioned towel over face and inhaled some steam to open sinuses and had some coffee.

To stop the whirling thoughts in my head and the silly Simon and Garfunkel song that was playing (...hey but it's good to back home...) I decided to "play" a different tune-Be still My Soul.

Then read Psalm 25 and 27. This being still and waiting is so hard for me. But it's what I need.

Scheduled to see three places this morning. I'm hopeful (good thing as I'm usually pessimistic) we can choose one.

Things I'm thankful for: all the friends, co-workers and family who have helped in our home search by providing leads, the prayers for us, nice boxes and packing paper provided by a family from church who just moved, offers of help, Excedrin and Clariten.

Be Still My Soul!

No comments: