Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Lots of phone calls

I spent a great deal of time on the phone yesterday. I got our utilities set-up. I almost forgot about the gas. We've lived in an all electric home and I didn't realize gas wasn't deregulated in Texas and so when I set-up the electric company, I thought it was done. Then I remembered the new place has gas and thought having hot water would be a good thing, and called Centerpoint.

Since the gas has been shut off at the new place, someone over 18 has to be there to let the gas person in to turn on the gas and check for leaks. So on Friday morning, Jessica and I will go over and take cleaning supplies and clean and line shelves and do the move-in condition report while we wait for the gas company employee.

My dad has graciously agreed to come over with his truck and take some loads of boxes etc... that morning. The plan is to clear a walkway in the garage so we can more easily load the UHaul which we are to pick-up Friday night at 7:30pm. They only had standard transmission trucks available so Tim is really looking forward to that driving experience. We've had automatic trucks through our last two moves and backing them into a driveway is hard enough- please pray for grace and that we don't end up with a 26' UHaul in our garage.

I spoke with "Cousin James" yesterday. I got his last name, his home phone number and some details about the house. He is very nice and helpful. He had called me to tell me the M.U.D. district and let me know he was going to mow the yard today and also exterminate.

We'll be offline from Friday until whenever we get set back up. I'll post new house pictures sometime next week.

No comments: