Monday, August 14, 2006

What to do 1st?

The alarm clock actually went off this morning at 5:30. That's so good! I slept "in"! I've been awake and up before the alarm for so long it's hard to remember when I last had to turn it off.

My organize everything brain immediately jumps into action. But, thankfully, habits serve me well here. Start the coffee, wake hubby, settle in with my Bible and devotional. Ephesians 6 this morning. Yes, I definitely need some armor. Pray for others, too. Refocus (again).

I did need those essential books yesterday evening. I wanted to know about Karl Barth. Tim knew a little, I knew nothing. Then I read about how someone asks him to simplify his theology (he wrote a massive amount) and his answer was "Jesus loves me this I know." Then I thought "I've heard that before!" So I knew one thing about Karl Barth.

Spoke briefly with realtor yesterday. She hasn't heard back from other realtor but assures us that's not uncommon. We know. The other realtor has to contact the owner about our pet and some other requests we made.

I found the list I made from our last move with all the people to contact about our move including magazine subscriptions, insurance of all kinds, doctors etc... Just because I'm getting more experience with organizing moves, doesn't mean I want to keep doing them. If we're to live a nomadic lifestyle, we really must part with some of our worldy goods. Do you think maybe this is a benefit of frequent moves?

Now, back to what to do first. Give the dog a bath, pack more of Tim's workbench in garage before it gets too hot, dismantle another bookshelf, eat breakfast. I think I'll eat, then let the boys unscrew and take apart the bookshelf, maybe Jess can bathe the dog ... delegate, that's the ticket.

2 comments:

J-Wall said...

Ah. So that's why I haven't heard the alarm lately. You could always try going to bed later? :) Stay up and watch movies with me!

So... is this a paying job, bathing the dog?

Anonymous said...

Hey all I did was take out the staples that stapled the cardboard on the back.