Tuesday, August 29, 2006

We're Here!

No pictures yet, but we're finally back online. I decided not to post all the horrific events of the move. I lived them once, I ventilated to people already, I don't need to relive them again and again. Suffice it to say, things are getting repaired that need repairing.

Nothing like moving snafus to bring out the worst in people. I'm really a nasty, angry, sinful, wretched person when things are going wrong. Spurgeon this morning again reminds me of my desperate need for God's grace.

Psalm 51:1 & 2 Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; according to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions, wash me through from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

Instead let me share some blessings. Wonderful people helped us moved;Leslie's mom knew homemade cookies were the best thing to offer toward the move; the Sunlight Lane house is empty and cleaned and the yard is mowed and edged- ready for inspection tomorrow morning; no one was injured in the move (that I know about it); hot showers are wonderful; we have really nice neighbors on one side that we've met already; Tim's commute seems better- though more expensive; sugar ants don't bite; we got to eat pizza and Jack-in-the Box for two days; the owner seems very nice and accommodating about the repair needs; I have a walk-in pantry.

I will post pictures in the near future and then will close out this move blog. School will start and life will return to normal "Lord willing!"

4 comments:

Mariah said...

no, no! you can't close out your blog! who is going to entertain me? can you make a new one about your new exciting life???

Anonymous said...

I can make one if jess doesn't find out. ;)

J-Wall said...

As if, Nick.

You don't have to shut down your blog... with all the interesting things that happen around here, you're bound to never run out of material.

Wendo said...

No way can you shut it down!!! We all love it, and it just wouldn't be practical!